F.W. Speer Yamaha was established in 1922 in Paterson, NJ by Frank Speer. From the mid 1920’s to 1950’s, numerous brands ranging from BSA to Harley Davidsons were sold at this location. In 1963, Frank took his first crate of Yamaha motorcycles.
In 1963, Joe and Harry Rybensky bought the business. In 1968 the store was moved from Paterson to Passaic due to the Paterson riots.
Presently the shop is owned by Vito Addabbo, who has been employed at the store since 1976.